*100 DAYS IN OFFICE OF THE SJC-LED UNIZIK SUG ADMINISTRATION: THE JOURNEY SO FAR; ACHIEVEMENTS AND SUCCESSES*.
Greatest Nigerian students!
It is with great joy, and due sense of subservience to Almighty God, that I wish to announce to the good and peace-loving students of Unizik, that my administration which was inaugurated on December, 2019 clocks its 100days in office as the representatives of the students in the university community.
The journey so far, has been recorded with successes here and there, as we step out of our zones to cater for the students, sometimes to our academic detriment. The following are some of the immense achievements we have attained in just 3 months:
• The Tech Hub project targeted at teaching students tech skills-web development, android and micro-controller training, robotics programing was successfully organized by the Directorate of ICT, which was established for the first time ever by this SUG government. This really went a long way to impart a lot of students tech skills to use, and better their lives, CV and income stream.
• The Unizik Mega Praise was organized, to usher the students into the new semester with immense worship and appreciation to God. The SJC-led SUG was able to attract sensational gospel artiste, Freke Umoh, and the praise event received nationwide applause.
• The Maggi Pop-Up Kitchen event, which taught the students how to make healthy food, with limited resources and in a very short time. It had the likes of *Frodd, a BBNaija Housemate* being a part. The skill of cooking was imparted into hundreds and hundreds of students.
• The Directorate of Environment launched the “Go-Clean” which ensured that the whole university community was kept clean and neat.
• A Two-day “Zik Trade Fair” was organized by the SUG Directorate of Entrepreneurship, which ensured that student-entrepreneurs had an opportunity to sell their products massively to a large audience. The SUG Directorate had also established a Database of all entrepreneurs within the school.
• The SUG Directorate of Health, which is the first ever of its kind established by the SJC-led administration, on the World Oral Health Day, sensitized the students on the need and how to maintain good oral health. They also shared thousands of free toothbrushes as the SUG’s gesture to enforce the practice of good oral health by the students.
• The office of the Chief Press Secretary launched the Access the SUG President with a hashtag #SpeakToSUGSJC, affording the 50,000+ students of Unizik to communicate firsthand with the SUG through Social Media.
• Creation of the Union website www.unizikstudents.com by the SUG PRO, Comr Chukwuma Stanley C was also done under this administration. Making the SUG globally visible and active.
• Securing of the SUG Bus was also a major achievement of this administration.
• The office of the Vice President, also organised a health awareness event for girls, reaching hundreds of students and empowering them with hundreds of free sanitary pads.
• The SUG Directorate of Sports also organized the maiden Unizik Olympics, which saw hundreds of students across all the departments, who are sports-sarvy to participate in sporting events and win amazing prizes.
• The Project 4 event was carried out, which awarded a lot of prizes to the students and had the likes off Zubby Michaels, a award-winning Nollywood actor. The Project 4 focused on innovative events like Spelling Bee, Essay Competition and other intellectual-based contests geared towards the wholesome development of the students.
It has been three months of intense work and service to the students of Unizik community.
I give profound thanks to the Vice-chancellor and the Dean of students Affairs and their team.
My deepest appreciation goes to my excos and principal officers, members of the various SUG Directorates and Senior Special Assistants(SSAs). I also extend my gratitude to the Students Representative Council(SRC) and The Students Judicial Council (SJC).
Finally, and most importantly, I thank all the 50,000+ students of Unizik who elected us.
As we look forward to more months of the SUG serving you, I promise you of a business-viable and listening SUG who listens to the students needs. We also implore the students to take the precautionary measures outlined by the World Health Organization(WHO) in combating the spread of the novel Corona virus.