On the issue of school fees increase in UNIZIK…
The Council of Past SUG Presidents had a meeting with the Vice Chancellor, Deputy Vice Chancellor (Admin), Registra, University Bursar and the Dean Student Affairs on Thursday last week.
The Council was led by it’s convener Hon. Patrick Afubera and Comrade Professor Aribodo. Former Presidents of the Students Union Government were in attendance as well as the outgoing President.
In a meeting that lasted for over three hours, here are the key points to note:
1. In view of the #Project200, work has commenced to fully achieve the vision of this administration in the next five years
2. As part of the agenda, hostels are being renovated, lecturers offices are being equipped, wireless internet facilities are being installed for students and staff
3. Government funding for education in 2020 is about 7%. That’s grossly inadequate
4. School fees for old students wasn’t increased as speculated on social media
5. There was an increase for new students. This will possibly be adjusted next year.
6. Because of government’s directive that all monies payable be done through TSA, Department and Faculty dues will be paid with the school fees.
7. Final year students will pay for convocation fee and their school fees. An additional N5,000 was added to it
8. Accreditation fee will be paid by students going to 200l in the new academic session. All courses in the University needs to pass accreditation so certificates obtained in UNIZIK won’t be worthless.
9. Hostel fee will not be increased. Each room will now have 3 students instead of 4.
Source : #CampusHub
Cmrd Chukwuma Stanley C